Monday, April 16, 2012

Spring Layers

It has been a while since my last post. Things are still crazy and not much has changed.  That hasn't stopped me from painting my nails every other day, but I haven't had time to take pics and post....or I'm just too damn tired...BUT! Good news for me...I FINALLY made a lightbox!! Yay! I tried waiting around for a box, but I finally bought one at Wal-Mart...how sad. My husband makes fun of it, but it's just a box to him. So, I had to take some pictures after I made it. So, without further ado, my first post with a lightbox! (I can't tell much difference if you ask me, which is rather depressing.)



I used CC Stuck on You as a basecoat. I've been experimenting with basecoats lately, but I never keep my polish on long enough to really tell a difference other than the application of my first layer of polish, which does make a bit of difference depending on what kind of polish I'm using (glitter, creme, sheer, etc.) I then used one coat of Finger Paints Pop Rock Pink from the Spring 2012 collection, which is actually more a peach color than pink, i think. I love this but wanted to try some layering witht this mani, so I continued with one coat of Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure (419, the new color release). I bought this a while back, but haven't worn it yet. I LOVE it, and can't wait to try it again. It's this beautiful light sheer shimmery pink that makes me think of sparkly cotton candy lol. At this point, I didn't want to go too far and change the color I had created.  So I used another color I had bought a long time ago but  haven't ever worn. One coat of Pure Ice Busted, which is a very shimmery iridescent purple and pink. Lastly, I finished with a coat of Northern Lights Cut the Door Holographic Top Coat Silver. I've seen this in Sally's and finally decided to try it. I only used one coat, so I didn't get much out of this, but I will try again with a darker color to really see what this offers.  I had fun with the layering and will try again soon with some different combinations. 

without my flash, in lightbox
Hope everyone who is in this part of the US is enjoying this beautiful weather (minus all the devastating tornadoes and storms). I was reading an article on global warming yesterday and how this March's warm weather has broken thousands of heat records in the US and is an exact example of global warming. So, with this, enjoy your week wherever you are and happy polishing!!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment